Amanda Wise Pizzollo
404 Pelham Hill Road
Shutesbury, MA 01072
March 2017 – Present
Amherst College, Frost Library, Amherst, Ma – Bicentennial Project Metadata Librarian
- Support discovery and access of materials in Amherst College Digital Collections through metadata creation, analysis, and maintenance according to national metadata best practices.
- Actively participate in the Bicentennial Working Group, a collaborative team working to increase the availability and accessibility of archival collections at Amherst College. Contribute to other committees and working groups internal and external to the campus as well.
- Manage workflows from pre-digitization evaluation of collections to digitization to metadata creation to ingest.
- Engage in outreach activities to promote library & archival resources.
February 2016 – Present (changed from part time to substitute October 2016)
Pelham Library, Pelham, MA – Library Assistant
- Provide excellent customer service to library patrons and community.
- Assist in library marketing including displays, signs, and social media posts.
- Perform circulation tasks including checking in and checking out resources, accessing holds, setting up new accounts, managing e-resources, coordinating ILL transactions, and creating invoices.
- Work collaboratively with the library staff, Friends Group, Pelham School, and Board of Trustees to foster a thriving community with ample access to information.
September 2016 – March 2017
Amherst College, Frost Library, Amherst, Ma – Metadata Intern
- Created descriptive MODS records at the item level for materials digitized by Amherst College Digital Programs.
- Used national and local metadata standards, authority files, and controlled vocabularies in the creation of the records.
- Analyzed materials and incorporated contextual knowledge using finding aids and additional research as necessary to create accurate abstracts.
- Collaborated with the Metadata Management Librarians, the Metadata/Discovery Librarian, members of Digital Programs, and Archives & Special Collections faculty to improve discoverability of items within the Amherst College Digital Collections.
May 2016 – April 2017
Simmons School of Library & Information Science, West Campus, South Hadley, MA – Student Office Assistant
- Worked with the Simmons SLIS West Program Manager on the logistics of classroom support, event planning, and recruiting.
- Created materials for information and orientation sessions and organized resources into packets for interested or new students.
- Supported and maintained the SLIS West office space and equipment including its computers, printers, Logitech panels, and assistive technology.
- Performed general office duties including filing, shelf sorting, recycling, and cleaning.
- Provided technology support and technical support for classrooms, office computer lab, and student needs.
June 2016 – August 2016
University of Massachusetts Amherst, W.E.B. Du Bois Library, Amherst, MA – Scholarly Communication Intern
- Acted as liaison to the UMass ICons program in order to assist in their organization and sharing of content via the Institutional Repository. Arranged a gallery on UMass ScholarWorks with their content.
- Participated in outreach efforts to students and faculty in collaboration with the Open Access & Institutional Repository Librarian.
- Assisted the Open Access & Institutional Repository Librarian to edit and revise a list of scholarly publishers for communication regarding the enactment of the Faculty Senate’s 2016 Open Access Policy.
- Analyzed data from the Open Education Initiative (OEI) and created data visualizations for use in Open Education outreach materials.
- Gathered data regarding resource requirements for UMass Amherst general education courses and created reports with data visualizations and the top potential OEI targets for use by the Scholarly Communication Office.
February 2016 – April 2016
Amherst College, Frost Library, Amherst, MA – Intern
- Located and assessed assigned monographs for the EAST Project validation study.
- Using prescribed software for EAST Project, scanned and coded titles based on condition.
- Searched for missing items from EAST Project in catalog and note results.
Duties not related to EAST Project:
- Reviewed shipment records of acquired items and compare with current catalog records.
- Searched for assigned titles in ILS and remove bibliographic records as applicable.
February 2015 – March 2016
Sunderland Public Library, Sunderland, MA – Volunteer
- Accomplished shifting and labeling projects with direction from staff.
- Performed library duties such as labeling, shelf reading, re-shelving, and arranging and displaying resources.
- Created online and printed pathfinders and tutorials for local middle schoolers researching the Holocaust at the Sunderland Public Library and learning to use the library catalog.
November 2014 – January 2016
VT Department of Health, Brattleboro, VT – Maternal Child Health Coordinator
- Led and facilitated the Maternal Child Health Coalition of Windham County, VT.
- Managed communications for Coalition including Facebook page, meeting minutes, and newsletters. Also co-manage the Vermont Department of Health Brattleboro Facebook page.
- Advocated for maternal child health issues in community, e.g. write articles for Parent Express newspaper, organize promotional events including Breastfeeding Friendly Employers Gallery Walk exhibition, connect clients to available resources.
- Provided direct service as nurse for Windham AHS District WIC Clinic.
- Coordinated, taught, and marketed classes and activities such as baby behavior, baby cues, breastfeeding basics, EWIC learning sessions, and Mothers’ Circle.
- Conducted outreach for WIC including providing family and children’s activities at events.
- Fostered collaboration between community partners and services in the district.
March 2014 – June 2014
Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA – Electronic Health Record Facilitator
- Served in contract position for Boston Medical Center’s rollout of Epic Health Systems.
- Taught classes regarding use of new electronic health record for all staff in the outpatient and inpatient oncology units and all rotating hospital phlebotomists.
- Provided at the elbow support for first 5 weeks post Epic Go-Live.
- Gave valuable clinical input and user testing expertise during systems design phase.
August 2013 – January 2014
Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, AZ – Staff Nurse
- Provided holistic care to families immediately postpartum.
- Educated mothers and families regarding lactation techniques, comfort, and management of issues.
- Provided emotional support and emergency care.
August 2010 – April 2013
NovaPro Staffing, Throughout the USA – Oncology Travel Nurse
- Traveled to sites for 3 to 7 months per assignment to work in inpatient bone marrow transplant or outpatient oncology infusion units.
- Cared for 2 to 6 patients daily, providing chemotherapy, education, emotional support, and clinical intervention.
November 2009 – August 2010
Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC – Float Pool Nurse & Charge Nurse
- Rotated to one of 22 various adult inpatient hospital floors daily.
- One of 3 hospital- wide charge RNs for overflow unit.
- Oriented 2 nurse externs.
January 2007 – March 2009
Medical University of South Carolina Hospital – Staff Nurse
- Staff nurse for pediatric cardiac intensive care unit and adult oncology inpatient unit.
- Superuser in rollout of new Electronic Health Record system.
- Oriented new-graduate RN.
September 2015-May 2017
Simmons College of Library and Information Science at Mount Holyoke College – M.S. in Library and Information Science
- Simmons Merit Scholarship Awardee, 2015-2017
- Presented at the 2016 Simmons DERAIL Forum
- SLIS West 2017 DERAIL Forum coordinator
- SLIS West Leadership Award Recipient, 2017
August 2002 – December 2006
Clemson University – B.S. in Nursing
- Calhoun Honors College Graduate
- Honors Research in Culturally Competent Care
- Sigma Theta Tau Honors Nursing Society member